Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Scouty the lawyer?

Scarlett usually drinks a bottle before bed. Lately, we've been letting her have it earlier in the evening, and telling her, "You can drink some, but whatever you drink now you won't be able to have at bedtime."

So the other night (actually she repeated this line of questioning several nights in a row) she's drinking the bottle and I say, "Remember, if you finish that, you won't have anything left for bedtime."

She responds with a question: "Can I finish it if I want to?"

I say, "Sure, but remember, if you do, you won't have anything left for bedtime."

Her response: "My question was, can I finish it if I want to?"

Me: "Yes, but remember, if you do, you won't have anything left for bedtime."

Scout: "MY QUESTION WAS, can I finish it IF I WANT TO?"

At this point I realized I was beaten. "Well, yes."

So she finished it. (And she really didn't care at bedtime when she didn't have a bottle.)

No comments:

Post a Comment